Saturday 5 January 2013

Trust is ALWAYS Important!!!!!

You always need a horse you trust. I have helped 2 nervous beginners build their confidence up on me. I could not have helped them through this unless they trusted me. To have a horse you trust helps you go a looooooong way. Those of you out there - would you have cantered a horse that you have heard has bucked or reared when asked to canter? Would you do the things you would do on your own horse as on a different horse you only just met? Some people would say yes to these questions. :) . But I know some people are more like my rider and ride a horse they have known for a while, or trust well.

For all those nervous riders out there:

When my rider first started riding she was fairly confident. Then she fell. And fell. And fell. Her confidence plummeted quite fast. She was on the lead rope for a REALLY long time. She rode a horse who was very sensitive to the feelings of the rider. So naturally when my rider, Taya, felt scared then this horse would pick up on that. Then the horse will feel scared too. The horse would then gallop off randomly with my rider clinging on for dear life. This was NOT helpful for boosting my riders confidence. But Taya battled through it with the help of MANY friends. She got off the lead-rope. She regained most of her confidence - even did some trotting!! - but still felt a bit scared when riding this horse. Then she met me. when she got on me she did not feel scared anymore. She felt much braver and trotted on me with out hesitating. She found the horse she trusts. Her confidence has now improve HEAPS and she can now be classed as 'confident' in her riding. She rides bareback, Wants to canter and rides other horses. I have helped her just by being a horse she can love and trust. I have also helped another girl build her confidence to the point where she now rides off lead rope on trails. So ride and keep riding. And look for that horse. Look for that horse that you would place your life with. Because that is the horse worth riding. The one that you know you can ride the moment you see him/her. That you love to bits and that loves you back. You find that horse and you will never need another.



No comments:

Post a Comment